Deja vu all over again! Eloy hits another first-inning moonshot but the Royals hit bunch more and hold on for the W. (@whitesox)
Author’s Note: WordPress crashed on my laptop not once, but TWICE as I tried to do this recap. The first time I had about 75% done before it wiped out. The second it crashed just as I was typing literally this same Author’s Note bit! So I’m pretty pissed. Anyway, I’m tired and it’s time for the Inaugural Bulletpointed Sox Recap Speed Round!
- Reynaldo strikes out Whit on three pitches. Two batters later, Jorge Soler has hit home run #42:
- Eloy does the thing with the stick and the Sox lead 3-2!
- The Law Offices of Mondesi, Starling, and O’Hearn all deposit homers courtesy of first-half Reynaldo López making a surprise comeback. It‘s 6-3 Royals and López doesn’t make it out of the fifth.
- Eloy collects another RBI but with a ground out so … it‘s a two-run deficit. Just gotta keep it close …
- Carson Fulmer does not keep it close. Jorge hits No. 43, 8-4, KC.
- José Abreu, playing like he doesn’t already have a two-year extension in his back pocket, hits his 32nd homer. It‘s 8-6 and I wish Fulmer the best of luck with whatever new organization employs him in 2020.
- Three White Sox batters face closer Ian Kennedy. Three White Sox batters make three outs. Game over.
Giolito pitches tomorrow. He is good. Tim Anderson is hitting .333. That is also good. I’m switching to typewriters. Good nigh….Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z….